Clem and I went for a nice walk in Hood River last Sunday. We had lunch outside, though it was a bit windy! The Gorge draws people from all over the world to do wind sailing, or surfing, or boarding....never sure what you call it! Hood River serves those folks with shop sand eateries. Hood River RAilroad runs from there out through the "fruit loop" and the orchards, to Mt. Hood. We really need to take a ride when the blossoms are in their full glory. They were pretty, but past peak last weekend. We did explore the train station, which dates back to the 20's I believe. Very old by Oregon standards, having declared statehood in 1859. Really beautiful in the Columbia River Gorge, where basalt cliffs formed millions of years ago by glacial and volcano flows form the sides of the river gorge. Spectacular. A favorite hiking spot for my friends and I , especially along the waterfalls. There will no doubt be photos of those hikes here as we hike more! 
No comments:
Post a Comment