Surprise!

When we returned from the gardens on
Friday I was looking at new plants I had laid out to put in the ground
and discovered three duck eggs behind them and along the house wall!
All I could think the rest of the day was where is the mom? Turns out
she will lay all her eggs.....maybe a dozen or so..... Then incubate
them all at once. There was an additional egg yesterday and another
this morning! Very exciting. I actually dreamed about them last night.
We have these unusual ducks that have taken to hanging around on our
little lake. I always called them mutants because of the mixed colors
and red stuff around their faces but now I have looked them up and
they are Muskovys. I told clem this morning that I may have to come
back for the birth! Although given what I am hearing about the
weather in Portland, I may just stay and wait for it!

Carol and her iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment